Monday, August 29, 2016

Thinking: wonderful servant; terrible master.

Powerful poem below, dramatic alarm on this first day of the short time here on earth even the youngest of us has left.

Keats reminds that each of us can do many things with those remaining days, but not everything. The temptation is to get stuck thinking about the Possiblities and then do nothing.


Ben Franklin asked himself each morning, "What good may I do today?" Then he went and did it. He believed the best way to worship God was to do Good for those He had created.

What good may I do TODAY? Then go do it! Don't think it away! Trust the little I can do with God's help is enough.

To do nothing because I can't do everything is greed. 


Poem of the Day: When I have Fears That I May Cease to Be Poem of the Day today from @PoetryFound 

BY JOHN KEATS
When I have fears that I may cease to be 
   Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain, 
Before high-pilèd books, in charactery, 
   Hold like rich garners the full ripened grain; 
When I behold, upon the night’s starred face, 
   Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance, 
And think that I may never live to trace 
   Their shadows with the magic hand of chance; 
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour, 
   That I shall never look upon thee more, 
Never have relish in the faery power 
   Of unreflecting love—then on the shore 
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think 
Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.

No comments: