Friday, April 22, 2016

Shut up, Colorado!


That is the essence of misguided legislation introduced today.

House Bill 16-1454 will kill the Colorado Caucus. 

The way it is being promoted is an exercise in double speak. Restore the Presidential Primary? Very misleading description, Colorado experimented with an expensive special election. It was quickly abandoned. No benefit to it then, there will be no benefit now. And we know from that experiment it kills our wonderful Colorado Caucus, the best chance the common person has of serving in elected public office.

Urge your Colorado House Representative to vote NO on HB 16-1454.

1 comment:

John Scott Wren said...

This was when I was registered as a political committee in Colorado. All hat and no cattle. If I'd had any leadership ability at all this misguided bill would never have been introduced.

I've since decided that me arguing for or against any legislation is a waste of time, I just want to help as many people as possible learn how the system works, to focus on education to inform, not reform, something I learned when I was a member of the Denver City Club.