Saturday, December 19, 2009

Now what?

After getting front page treatment in the last two issues of the Colorado Statesman...

http://www.coloradostatesman.com/content/991462-wren-disturbs-new-dem-nest

http://www.coloradostatesman.com/content/991482-wren-leaves-dem-nest-becomes-unaffiliated

I'm trying to decide the best way to have a positive impact on the grassroots here in Colorado. Whatever media release I send out on Monday should get picked up, at least by the Statesman. One reason: The last week in December is almost always a period of slow news.

So I've spend this morning in deep thought and contemplation. How can I best use this rare opportunity to do something that will be of the most benefit to the most people.

Some of my third-party and no-party friends have congratulated me on my decision, thinking that my becoming unaffiliated means I've lost confidence in our wonderful neighborhood caucus-assembly system here in Colorado for nominating to the primary ballot. Not so.

Just as good party leadership should no become leaders in a particular candidates campaign, it has become clear to me that there needs to be a few of us who believe the the caucus that keep ourselves apart from leadership roles in any party.

My intention is to use this weekend to get this website ready, then announce it in a media release on Monday. The objective: Maximize informed participation in the 2010 Colorado Caucus. Will you help? 

No comments: